Sunday, March 14, 2010

update.

Last Friday all eighty of the fall DTS students returned from their outreach programs. That put the number of students here at over one hundred and twenty people (which is way to many for the base to handle). The staff leaders decided that our DTS (of 40 students) would move to Jesus Haus(a hostel like apartment building) and the students returning couldtake our spots. We packed up everything, moved it all to storage and are now living out of our Mini-Outreach suitcases.

Many of us really enjoy this new residence. I get to board with only one other student (talk about luck!). His name is Alex - he is from Colorado springs. Some of the other students weren’t as fortunate and have to room with up to seven others! I am super fortunate to have Alex in my room. He is a very mellow guy who is also trying to read a lot. It works out perfectly. For the next few weeks the lectures will be here at the Jesus Haus rather than the Castle -- this is great because now I get a chance to sleep in more often.

I seem to be doing a lot more cooking here which is great. I’m not sure if I'm becoming passionate about it, or because I just like food, either way its is definitely forcing me to be more creative in preparing a meal.

Next Saturday I leave for my mini outreach to Turkey and will be back here at the end of March. In May, I will be travelling to Ethiopia for my longer-term outreach and will return to Germany to graduate in July.

Here is my progress for reading the Bible in three months I am officially past the halfway mark: Genesis, Job, Exodus, Leviticus,Numbers, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings,2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Proverbs, Song of Solomon, Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Joel



.

No comments:

Post a Comment