Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Philippians; following our humble King Jesus.


The book of Philippians is about serving in humility. A virtue that is counter intuitive to every performance driven impulse of our heart. Paul makes some big game changing statements that go against everything the Philippians knew.

" In humility regard others as better than yourselves. Let each of you not look to your own interests but the interests of others." (Philippians 2:3-4)

the word humility is defined (Word Study Dictionary) as

"the sinners confession of his sin and deep realization of his unworthiness to receive Gods marvelous grace"

The only way for me to truly serve unconditionally, and selflessly is to understand that I have been loved and served unconditionally, by the only true one worthy of being served; that is Jesus.  In a overflow of thankfulness, I will serve and love on other people, because I realize that I am just as jacked up as my neighbor.

sin is deep. his grace is deeper.







No comments:

Post a Comment