Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mary Austin; I Vow....

Mary Austin, I Understand and admit that without Jesus it is impossible for me to muster up enough strength, loving feelings or good intentions to fulfill my biblical role and calling in marriage but In light of who Jesus is and what he has done, and by the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.

I VOW to Love you unconditionally as Jesus has loved the church unconditionally and died for her. I VOW to ferociously pursue your heart, mind and affection as Jesus has ferociously pursued his bride the church. I VOW to serve you relentlessly, despite how you are treating me, or what I am getting out of it. Just as Jesus served the church relentlessly despite what he was getting out of it. I VOW to not to be the hero but point you and our family continually and relentlessly back to the good news of what Jesus has done. I VOW to die to myself and spend myself on you and our family just as Jesus died for and spent himself on the church. I VOW to have thick skin and a soft heart. Thick skin to handle life, and a soft heart to love you well. I VOW to be Tough and Tender. I VOW to invest myself in you with my time, emotions and affection. I VOW to love you and commit myself to you marriage, solely for a lifetime, regardless of circumstance situation or feelings. I will never leave you. I Love you.

Chance Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment