Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One-on-ones.



Last week we were assigned to a one-on-one so we would have intentional “one on one” time for counselling, discipleship and mentorship. The idea is that the student and leader will meet up at least once a week to pray, talk and keep each other on track.

The leader's role is to track the student to see what he/she is learning, struggling with and how they are doing. It’s a time for intentional accountability and connection.

My one on one is with René; a passionate, funny and lover-of-God-and-people. A year ago he didn’t know a word of English and now he is fluent! Praise God.

Today was our first one-on-one time. He picked me up, and we went and grabbed a slice of pizza and Fanta from the doner next door. We talked for over an hour sharing our stories of family, what we are passionate about and all the other things that make us: us. I came out of our meeting super excited and encouraged.

I am excited to see what God is doing and excited to see what he is going to do. I am also excited for this relationship God is creating. I pray that we might become close, and learn from each other, teach each other, and just get to know each other so much more. I pray that this can be a relationship founded in God and that we can be open and honest with oneanother. Pray with me that God will bless and use this friendship and that we grow closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment